A new Laura Ashley project is up on the blog. I’m showing one here and the other you can head on over there to check it out. I love using wallpaper in new ways and I thought it would be nice to make a breakfast tray for Mother’s Day. How many of you do breakfast in bed? It was about time I get a tray for my home so this was the perfect opportunity to do so. I used some of their sweet Abbeville pink wallpaper to create an English country feel with the grey tray.
See below for the full instructions and check out the Laura Ashley blog for the additional DIY tray.
Materials: Wallpaper, scissors, craft knife, healing mat, ruler, tray, pencil, adhesive spray or Mod Podge, paint brush, bone folder
- Place the tray on top of the wallpaper and trace around it.
- Cut the wallpaper with scissors or a craft knife.
- It’s very likely you’ll have to cut down the wallpaper depending on the width of your tray. Mine was about ¼” down from the traced line.
- Adjust your cuts as necessary.
- I used adhesive spray so that there would be no puckering in the paper. Position it in place.
Photography by Brittany Jepsen | Home of Mer Mag