See the tutorials below!
To make the crayon hats:
- Cut out the crayon templates and trace onto cardstock and cut out. Be sure to make a slit for the tab to fit into.
- Assemble the crayon hat by forming the cone and gluing.
- Cut out the circle for the brim of the crayon. Place it over the cone. Note where it falls and mark it on your cone.
- Cut horizontally from the bottom of the cone to where your brim fit, creating tabs that are about one inch. Fan them out, and trim the length of the strips so that they don’t extend past the brim of the hat.
- Glue the brim of the hat down over the tabs so that it fits snugly around the cone.
- Cut one inch strips of paper. Tape them together so they form one long strip of paper. Wrap that around the brim of the hat and tape so that it fits snugly.
- Glue the rim of the crayon down from the top brim. Remove all tape.
- Glue the ribbon (about 1 1/2′ each) on each side of the brim to tie under the necks.
To complete the costumes:
Wear solid colored pjs and glue (or sew) the black felt crayon detail to the bottom of the pants (template download here)