You know me. I love gift wrap! Probably more so than the present itself. I came up with this tissue paper flower gift topper as an fun way to add a dash of whimsy to a gift and it’s super easy. It’s based on paper poms, so if you know how to make those, you’re good to go!
See the full tutorial below!
- Cut a piece of tissue paper 6″ wide and about 18″ long (depends on how large you’d like it)
- Cut another piece of tissue paper about 2″ wide and 18″ long. This will be the center of your flower.
- Do an accordion fold up the tissue paper, about 3/4″ wide.
- Fold the accordion folded paper in half.
- Staple the center of the fold.
- Cut a point at each edge of the paper.
- Glue the two ends of the paper together and fan out the blossom so that it spreads evenly around.
- Cut out leaves from the green paper and fold down the center.
- Glue the topper to the gift and glue the paper leaves underneath.