We’re getting closer and closer to debuting our Galentine’s party and I’m getting antsy to show you all the details now! (See the eyeball gumball drink stirrers here). We’ll continue with one of my favorite elements of the party: the table setting. With a “Heart, hands, eyes, and lips” theme, we got these beautiful dessert plates from Wayfair as the eyeballs and turned the placemats into the whites of the eyes. The name tags were the pupils of course! In the true spirit of Galentine’s Day (ie: from Parks and Recreation), we used the characters from the show as the guests in attendance.
We had a lot of fun with the theme and found that we could apply it to all sorts of party elements including the napkin rings. We made these paper hands that you can wrap around your napkins. And the best part? We provide all the templates for you!
Get the tutorial and templates below!
EYE PLACE MATS
- white butcher paper
- Use the template to cut out the placemats.
- Cut around.
Easy squeezy! And so cheap! You can find butcher paper at a party store or paper store. We found ours for $.20 a foot!
PUPIL NAME TAGS
- black paper (we used black cardstock)
- template (PDF here or SVG for craft cutter here)
- white paint marker (we used this one)
- Cut out the black pupils with your scissors, circle cutter, or craft cutter from the templates provided.
Place the pupil on your plate as your name tag!
HAND NAPKIN RINGS
- pink paper
- red paint
- templates (find svg and PDF here)
- piece of wire (floral wire is fine)
- paint marker (we used this one)
- Cut out the template of the hands
- Paint the nails red with your marker
- Glue the wire to the inside of the hands in a straight line down the middle
- Wrap the hands around the napkin
Styling and photography by Brittany Jepsen