We’ve been super inspired by Stella McCartney’s 2014 resort collection featuring embellishments of lips and hearts this Valentine’s Day. In particular, this dress has been weighing on my mind:
SO! We decided to create our own bedazzled lips and heart tote bags out of gem stones on tote bags. They’d make a sweet Valentine’s Day gift! See below for the full tutorial!
- plain tote bag (we got ours from Joann, but you can also order from here)
- gemstone glue
- gemstones (jumbo size and normal size)
- cardboard for in between layers of the bag
- heart and lips template
- Start by drawing your pattern on the bag with a pencil. We used a heart and lips pattern.
- Place a piece of cardboard in the bag so the glue doesn’t seep through.
- Place all the gemstones down where you’d like them to be. Start with the largest gemstones first evenly throughout the design then fill in with the smaller gemstones.
- Glue them all in place.
Photos by Ashley Isenhour