We all love putting birds on things, right? We just can’t help ourselves! I love adding a little artistic flair to gifts, but sometimes I just don’t have all the time in the world to do so. You too? Thes sweet little flying bird gift toppers are perfect for expressing your creativity without spending all the time that you don’t have. AND, we have the free SVG (perfect for craft cutters!) and PDF files so you can easily cut the templates out. And what better way to
Flying bird gift topper
- black cardstock paper
- thin paint brush
- white gouche, acrylic or paint marker
- peach acrylic paint or peach paper
- black pen
- bird template SVG and PDF
- craft cutter or scissors
- paper adhesive mounts (we love this brand) or mini brads
- Start by cutting out the shape of the bird with scissors or on your craft machine
- Paint decorations on the bird with white paint or marker (marker is easier to control if you don’t have much experience with painting)
- Affix a paper adhesive mount to the back of the wing for the frontal wing and to the front of the bottom of the wing for the back wing.
- Cut out the flag for the bird and if you’ve cut it out on black paper (like we did) paint it peach.
- Write in your gift tags on the flag part.
- Gift it away!
Show us your projects on Instagram by using the hashtag #LarsMakes
Photography and crafting by Ashley Isenhour