Last year I got to work with one of my favorite people, Anne Weil of Flax and Twine, on a fun project in addition to the book I styled for her, Knitting Without Needles. She popped into town to do some Easter projects. One of them being this amazing giant arm-knit bunny. Isn’t it to die for?
DIY giant arm-knit bunny
- Stuffing for the head and body (try quilting batting, an old blanket, or an alternative down comforter)
- 2 large black buttons
- 30-50 yards of super bulky yarn for the tail and nose
- 5 yards of 18 gauge wire for ears (optional)
- For a large arm-knit bunny: 730 yards of super bulky yarn
- For a small arm-knit bunny: 360 yards of super bulky yarn
- Darning needle
- Piece of 4×5″ cardboard for pom-pom tail
- Patterns available for download here
For the full list of instructions and helpful techniques to create your giant arm-knit bunny, you can take a look at the step-by-step tutorial here.
If you’re not a knitter, arm knitting might be a good place to start!
The full instructions (plus more adorable pictures!) are over on this month’s issue of Sweet Paul Magazine.
And a huge thanks to Merrilee Liddiard for letting us take over her house for the day!
Can’t get enough of the bunny cuteness? We’ve got plenty more tutorials for bunny-themed crafts! Is there anything more adorable than the giant arm-knit bunny? These baby bunny bonnets are definitely in the running. Learn how to make them here. For more bunny-themed headgear, check out these DIY bunny party hats and this DIY bunny ears twist tie.
We have more gifts and craft templates in the Lars Easter shop! There are plenty of bunny-themed items including slippers, hair clips, and coloring pages!