I get my love of flowers from my mama. I grew up with her teaching me how to identify each of the various types, dressing in all floral dresses (product of the 80s I suppose 🙂 and watching The Secret Garden on repeat. Just last week when she was up here visiting, we went nursery hopping and she helped me pick out flowers for my new flower planters (and watching The Secret Garden again, of course).
This Mother’s Day, I partnered up with Hallmark Signature to select a card that reminded me of my mother. I just had to go with a bright and colorful floral number, clearly. We were so inspired by the shapes, dimensions and colors that we thought we had to add it to our celebratory festivities. Such an extraordinary mom called for no ordinary card and no ordinary cake. We made her this flower garden inspired cake topper to coordinate with the pretty embellishments of the card. Get the template and instructions below!
- cardstock paper in colors of your choice
- bamboo skewers
- acrylic paints in coordinating colors
- paint brush
- SVG files (for a craft machine)
- glue gun
- Download the templates
- Cut out the flower parts on your choice of paper
- Glue the flower parts on top of each other.
- Paint the bamboo skewers
- Glue the leaves to the skewers
- Stick the skewers in your cake
- Celebrate your mom with a beautiful card and cake.
This post is sponsored by Hallmark Signature. Hip hip hooray for the brands that keep Lars thriving!
Crafting and photography by Ashley Isenhour