The last of the adorable triplet costumes is up (see the others here and here) and these ones are my favorite. Babies dressed as little adults is scientifically proven to be the cutest thing in the world. First, up, we’ve got our Oscar tribute, paying homage to those who passed on this year including David Bowie, Gene Wilder, and Prince. Next up, Run DMC.
And how could we not, right?! We’ve got baby Bernie Sanders, Trump, and Hillary. That wig!!! Aubrey Nelson was on wig patrol and she nailed it. Te he he.
Learn how to DIY the costumes below!
DAVID BOWIE COSTUME
- blue onesie (from here)
- gold fabric
- orange and yellow acrylic paint or textile paint
- orange and blue facepaint
- red wig
- Cut the blue onesie off at the shoulder and on one leg
- Paint flames on the onesie with your orange and yellow paint
To make the fringe:
- Cut a piece of gold fabric (preferably pleather) about 10″ long and fringe.
- Sew to the suit (or duct tape!)
GENE WILDER COSTUME
- white dress shirt
- black dress pants
- purple fabric
- purple suspenders (we got ours from here)
- 2 wood dowels 1/2″ thick
- black and gold paint
- red, yellow, green, turquoise paint, brown paint
To make the purple shawl:
- We didn’t do anything but get piece of purple fabric! Finish the edges if you’d like.
- white fabric
- purple pants (we got ours from here)
- silver fabric
RUN DMC COSTUME
- Adidas track suit (from )
- fedora hat (we got ours from here)
- Adidas shoes (from here)
- gold chains (we got ours from here)
- microphone (we got ours from here)
- gold spray paint (from here)
- Spray the microphones gold and wait at least 24 hours before using as a prop. Don’t let baby chew on it.
BERNIE SANDERS COSTUME
DONALD TRUMP COSTUME
- black suit (from here)
- red tie (from here)
- dress shoes
- play money (from here and here)
- pin (from here)
- cardigan set (from here)
- pin (from here)
- black pants (from here)
- pearl necklace and bracelet (from here)
- clip on earrings (from here)