Do you guys remember This Girl posts? Well, we’re bringing them back! This time though, we’re not just matching a space to a girl, we are creating projects inspired by her whole demeanor! When I first saw this outfit, I knew we had to create something in the same vein. The bright citrusy palette, the color block pattern, the long skirt and crop top combination, it’s all gold! We settled on a smaller interpretation of the palette through DIY Paper Earrings! Yes, PAPER earrings. All you need is cardstock and some jewelry hardware. We’ve provided the templates for you as a free downloadable printable that you can use with your craft cutter (or just cut out by hand. With a few geometric shapes, we were able to create 8 different variations, so the possibilities are endless!
I thought they’d make a great addition to your Easter outfit so I’m giving some options below!
DIY Paper Earrings
- Cardstock in various shades of pink, orange, and yellow
- Die-cut machine, or scissors. We have the Cricut Explore Air which we LOVE but we’re dying to try the new version!
- Gold earring posts and backs
- Gold jump rings
- Glue stick
- Hot glue gun
- 1/16″ hole punch
- Cut out the templates in the various shades of cardstock.
- Glue layered pieces together if desired using a glue stick.
- Lay out your desired earring pattern. We typically used two to three shapes for each earring.
- Hole punch at the top and the bottom of each shape.
- Connect pieces using a jump ring.
- Once shapes are all connected, hot glue an earring post onto the back of the top shape, placing it near the very top edge of the shape.
- Make sure to make two identical earrings for each set, you’ve got two ears!
Get the full look here:
Photography by Anna Killian | Crafting by Rebecca Young