Summer is here, which means you’re heading to the beach, the pool, the farmer’s market! Jetting off on summer vacations left and right! If only life could always be summer, right? Anyways, with all the fun excursions I know you’ll be taking, you’ll need a cute tote to carry your sunglasses, sunscreen, and summer reading materials. Woven tote bags scream summer and we fell in love with this circular design by Loom & Field, whose store is chalk-full of beautiful things! We decided to give it a Lars touch so we painted on a rainbow, of course as inspired by this one from Vanessa Seward. This DIY painted woven tote will become your go-to bag for the summer. Bonus points if you buy the matching shoes and earrings because there is no such thing as too much rainbow!
Full tutorial after the jump!
DIY Rainbow Woven Tote
- Woven tote or bag
- 4 colors of acrylic paint. We used orange, pink, yellow, and green
- Paint brush
- Painters tape
- With painters tape, mark the middle of the bag where the ends of your rainbow will start and finish, to ensure you have a straight line.
- Using the weaving lines as a guide, paint your rainbow stripes on the bag, about 1-inch thick with 1/4-inch of space in between each color.
- If you need, use small pieces of painters tape to mark off the rainbow stripes and make a guide for you.
- Let dry, remove the tape, and fill with all your summer essentials!
Photography by Anna Killian | Crafting by Rebecca Young