Is there anything better than getting dolled up, wearing sequins and sparkles, and feeling like a queen? Those opportunities are few and far between so when they arise, we jump on the opportunity. Inspired by the styles from the Dolce and Gabbana Spring 2014 Runway, we wanted to create an ethereal, paper flower bridal hair piece that would be pretty enough to don on your wedding day! Certainly not your traditional hairdo for a fancier occasion, this is certain to turn heads! All that’s required is crepe paper, floral wire and tape, and some glue. And can we talk about that dress? It’s no longer available but everything BHLDN does is flawless! We’re swooning over the whole thing!
Continue for the full DIY!
Paper Flower Bridal Hair Piece
- Crepe paper in white, light yellow, and green
- Green floral tape
- 3 18-inch pieces of green floral wire
- Hot glue gun
- Fringe a small piece of yellow crepe paper by cutting slits into the long side of the piece. Wrap tightly and secure with hot glue.
- Cut 5-7 scallops for a piece of white crepe paper (see picture). Wrap around the fringed center and secure with hot glue.
- Wrap the base of the blossom with green floral tape and create a little tail to facilitate attaching it to the wire
- Take a flower and hold it to the top of a piece of wire and wrap tightly with floral tape to secure. Add more flowers until the entire length of wire is covered. We used 30-35 flowers for each of the three wires.
- Cut 3-5 leaves out and glue them to the flower-covered wire, spaced out evenly.
To style hair, we used two of the three floral wires as headbands, across the crown of her head. The last wire was woven into a loose bun at the base of the neck. Secure with a few bobby pins. Feel free to be creative and try out different styles! The wire makes it easy to bend.
Photography by Anna Killian | Crafting by Rebecca Hansen | Modeling by Addison Sorhaitz