Graduation season will soon be upon us! Are any of you in college? Maybe you’re graduating from High School? Perhaps Grad school? Have kids in college? Or kids in elementary school/middle school/high school? These days, there seems to be a graduation celebration for just about every grade year! We’re all about celebrating milestones, so the more celebrations the better in our opinion! It’s traditional in in many cultures to gift a flower lei to graduates. These days it’s also popular to gift leis made of money and candy. I wanted to create a graduation lei that was a bit more personal, so we created the Charm Bracelet Graduation Lei! Paper ‘charms’ customize the lei by representing your grad’s likes, hobbies, and characteristics! Include the year of graduation, the school logo, and a monogram to suit the occasion, not to mention a major dose of GOOD LUCK!. This will be an heirloom your graduate will keep for years to come!
Download the free templates to make your Charm Bracelet Graduation Lei!
Charm Bracelet Graduation Lei
- Charm Templates, available HERE
- 1 piece of gold 12×12″ paper
- A variety of colored paper
- Hot glue gun
- Gold Twine
- Hole punch
- Cricut, Silhouette, or die-cut machine, optional
- Cut the gold paper into strips 1/2-inch thick and 6 inches long
- Use the glue gun to create a paper chain necklace by linking the gold strips of paper together.
- Using the templates provided, or additional ones you choose, cut them out using a die-cut machine or by hand in different colors of paper.
- If the charms don’t have a small hole, punch one with the hole punch
- Using the gold twine, thread through the charm and through a paper chain link and tie a knot to secure. Trim the strings.
- Repeat for all your charms until your lei is covered.
Celebrate your graduate with your homemade Charm Bracelet Graduation Lei!