To win a copy of the book for you and a friend:
1. Follow The House That Lars Built on Instagram @houselarsbuilt
2. Bonus votes if you share this giveaway
3. Leave a comment here telling me how you’ve entered
The contest ends Tuesday, December 9th.
Get the full tutorial for the holiday wall art below
Holiday gift wall art DIY
- Washi in complementary colors
- 1 square piece of paper 8″
- Parchment paper
- Place the paper square on the wall where you want to put the gift and trace around the edge of the paper square lightly with pencil.
- Using the ruler, find the center of each side of the square and lightly mark with pencil on the outside edge of the square.
- To make a diagonal pattern with washi tape stripes to cover the entire square, start at the bottom of the corner, placing parallel stripes. Trim the ends of the washi tape stripes with scissors so they line up with the pencil edges of the box.
- Using a washi tape of a complementary color, run a piece of tape down the center of the square vertically, and then run a piece of tape horizontally. Trim the edges of the tape so they line up with the box edges.
- With four pieces of the complementary tape, make a box around the outer edge of the square. Line up the corners using the mitered corner technique.
- Cut ten small pieces of washi tape and place them on parchment paper in the shape of the bow (get the template here). Cut the bow on parchment paper to have rounded edges. Peel off the ten pieces of the bow one at a time and place them on the wall on top of the box.
Edited: Congrats Kate, you are the winner of the giveaway!
Voila! Isn’t it so easy to decorate with washi tape? Now add in some other fun holiday decor and you’re all set!