- paper (office paper works best for the flower part but thicker works fine too)
- hole punch
- green paper for leaves (scrapbook or cardstock)
- green paint
- thin paintbrush
- circle cutter or craft cutter machine (I used a Cricut)
- glue gun
- leaf template
To make the flower
- Do a 3/4″ accordion fold with an 8.5×11″ piece of paper. Cut off any excess paper.
- Fold the folded paper in half (use this fan tutorial to see how it’s done)
- Staple the mid point of the folded paper.
- Cut the edges of the paper so that it forms a fun design like a petal.
- Repeat steps 1-4 to create another one for a fuller look.
- Glue one edge of the paper to the other side or another flower and turn it into a circle
- Cut 1 1/2″ circles for the center of the flowers. You’ll need three per flower.
- Paint a fun design onto the circles if desired for the center of the flower.
- Glue the circles on with your glue gun, one on front and one on back. Leave one circle.
- With one of the circles, cut two holes.
- Make the leaves with the template (download here).
- Paint a fun design on them as shown.
- Cut two holes into the center of the paper.
- Slide your string through these holes and trade off with the circle with two holes.
- Once you’ve rotated between a leaf and a circle, glue the circle now on the string to the back of the flower onto the circle you’ve already glued.
Donzo! This is one of my all time favorite paper garlands! I have it as decoration in my new studio. Enjoy! Let me know if you have any questions!