What better way to celebrate Valentine’s Day than with a piñata? We love creating piñatas for every occasion, and we couldn’t leave out Valentine’s Day!
Find the tutorials for these Valentine’s Day piñata boxes below. We created guides for a hot air balloon, a love bug, and red lips piñata boxes. You can also read below for more piñata box ideas!
It’s been a while since my school days when everyone brings in a homemade box to store their valentines from classmates, but after our hair product pinatas for Rubi’s workshop, we wanted to piñata everything! Thus, Valentine boxes were in order. We made some red lips, a Love Bug with a trunk that opens, and a hot air balloon. Each one I’m trying to figure out how I can display on a permanent basis. They are too cute!
Find the full tutorials below!
Volkswagon Love Bug Valentine’s Day piñata
- pink tissue paper
- white tissue paper
- black tissue paper
- yellow tissue paper
- red tissue paper
- blue and red permanent markers
- hot glue
- tacky glue
- fringe scissors
- craft knife
- Draw your shape of the Volkswagon Love Bug the cardboard
- Cut out the two of the shapes
- Going against the grain of the cardboard, cut the widths of the cardboard and glue to the inside of the shape of the car with hot glue.
- Cut fringe and glue layer by layer starting from the bottom of the car. Fill in the appropriate colors (black for tires, white for windows)
- Cut out a circle out of cardboard and wrap the tissue around it for head and tail lights. Yellow for front headlights and red for tail lights.
- Cut out a rectangle out of cardboard for the license plate and cover with solid white tissue paper (without fringe).
- Write your state and license plate number with marker.
Hot Air Balloon Valentine’s Day piñata
- striped tissue paper (we found ours here awhile ago but here’s another version)
- silver metallic mylar paper
- see above for remaining materials
- black twine
- Cut out your hot air balloon shapes out of cardboard. Follow remaining steps similar to those above.
- Create a box out of cardboard for the bottom part of the air balloon and cover with silver paper.
- We cut 6″ of twine and stapled it to the bottom of the balloon and to the top inside of the box to all four corners.
Red lips Valentine’s Day piñata box
- red tissue paper
- see above materials for remaining materials
- white office paper
- Cut out your lips shape and glue the box together. Add white office paper to the back of the inside of the box.
- Add fringe
Enjoy! And happy Valentine’s Day!
Photos and styling by Brittany Jepsen | Crafting by Tiffany Hilton, Chanel Wisbombe