Many of you are heading back to school this week. After a summer of lots of heat even I’m tempted to head back into a classroom with blasting A/C! We came up with a cute way to make the first day of school special: DIY apple lunch sack. It’s super easy and a fun way to get into the season. I’ve found them to be cute gift idea too for teachers or just for friends. And, because it’s Thursday,we have a cute video to go with it up on our YouTube Channel (have you subscribed yet?!).
We were partly inspired by Rebecca Thuss’ cute paper cherry to create the adorable leaf perfect for topping the bag.
See the full tutorial below!
- lunch sack
- white, black, and red acrylic paint
- floral wire
- hot glue gun
- crepe paper
- Draw an outline of an apple near the base of the lunch sack
- Fill in outline with red acrylic paint
- Add a shiny reflection on apple with white acrylic paint
- Cut out two leaf shapes from white crepe paper
- With black acrylic, paint leaf veins on both white crepe leaves
- Glue both crepe leaves together with floral wire sandwiched in the middle. Makes sure to leave enough wire on the bottom to poke leaf into bag
- Twist top of lunch sack and insert leaf