Friendship Bracelet Inspired Balloon Garland
This year, we turned to our friend Wendy who has the most charming old white house (we’ve talked about her before here), which is a dreamy setting for her preschool. We had aspirations of flowers and we wanted it to be BIG. That’s when our friends at Anagram stepped in and gave us a hand with some of their balloons. My favorites are the purple/pink ombre ones, how about you? We knew with Wendy’s house and Anagram’s balloons we could pull off something really fun.
Midsummer decor idea
Now, Wendy used to live in Sweden, so she was very eager to hop on the idea of Midsummer balloons. Did I also mention that Wendy is a BIG time lover of balloons! Match made! With the idea of greenery (read more about Sweden’s Midsummer traditions HERE) and flowers abounding, we got to work making some flowers out of balloons.
Beaded Flower bracelets
We were reminded of these popular bracelets that our friends at HonestlyWTF made and knew what we had to do. With some extra white balloons, we were able to make a chain and string the flowers together making the perfect balloon friendship bracelet.
Here’s how to make them!
- Anagram Orbz Balloons in flower shades
- Anagram orbz balloons in yellow for center
- Anagram white orbz balloons for garland
- Packing tape for balloon on balloons
- Balloon tape
- Gaffer tape for balloons on buildings
- Electric air balloon pump or hand pump (electric is way faster!)
Make a flower balloon:
- Start by using a gold/yellow balloon for the center.
- Blow up 6 “petals” to go around the center. Use packing tape to secure together and to the center.
- Blow up 5 white balloons for the garlands. Use balloon tape to hold them together. Use packing tape to secure if necessary.
- To adhere the garlands to your structure, use gaffer tape.
Tip: We found that packing tape is AMAZING for balloon to balloon adhesion and gaffer tape is great for balloon to other surfaces.
Recycling foil balloons
Did we mention recycling? Yes! Anagram foil balloons can be used year after year. Or you can gift them to friends like we did to give them a second life. It turned out so cute and we can’t wait for her kids to see!
This post is sponsored by Anagram but all opinions are my own!