I love fall because it means crisp air, changing leaves, and pumpkin treats galore! This quick DIY fall leaf cake topper is the perfect finishing touch for the many desserts you’ll soon be preparing (and, of course, eating!) for all your Halloween parties and Thanksgiving gatherings. These colorful, gold-brushed leaves look great on a classic tiered cake like we’ve did here, but they’d also be adorable on individual cupcakes or tarts!
DIY Fall Leaf Cake Topper
- Cardstock in various colors, we used 9 different shades
- Glue gun
- Twigs in varying lengths
- Gold acrylic paint
- paint brush
- Cut out different shaped leaves, one for each color paper
- Using a dry brush, paint brush strokes on the bottom of the leaves going in an upward motion. Be careful not to use too much paint. Let dry.
- Gently crinkle the leaves to give them some texture
- Using the glue gun, glue the twigs onto the back of the leaves
Now bake yourself a treat… or run to the grocery store… and let your leaf topper shine!