DIY Valentine Piñatas in Fun Fruit Shapes
I’m thinking that these guys would be great to leave at a door for a friend or even send in the mail. And then match up the fruit with candies of the same flavor–can you imagine?! So cute! You can choose from an orange (orange you glad we’re friends?), peach “you’re a peach!”, a strawberry “you’re berry special”, a pear “you’re pearfect”, and a honeydew melon “HoneyDEW you want me to be your Valentine?”.
+ Printable Fruit Sticker Valentines
How to Make Your Own DIY Valentine Fruit Piñatas
- Tissue paper or crepe paper
- Glue gun
- Scissors or craft knife
- Printable Sticker PDF
- Use our templates to trace the shape of the fruit onto cardboard. You’ll need two shapes per cardboard.
- Cut 1.5″ strips going against the grain of the cardboard for the sides of the fruit shapes. Glue or tape them onto the fruit shape.
- Cut 3/4″ fringe of crepe paper or tissue paper.
- Apply the fringe to the bottom of the fruit and then work your way up to the top of the fruit.
- STEM: Add on a stem by rolling a piece of tissue or paper around in a circle. Glue in place.
- LEAF: Cut a leaf out of paper or crepe paper and glue in place.
- Top it all off with one of our adorable fruit stickers (you can find them here).
Other DIY Valentines
A Valentine with a handmade touch is the best way to show your crush, your gal pals, or your loved ones you really care. Check out our Valentine’s Day archives for more DIY ideas for the crafty Secret Admirer, or click any of the photos below.