For our Midsummer Mingle event a few years ago, Partyland, a local party store here in Utah, supplied us with balloons along with a little contraption to create some curled balloons. At the time they were selling these simple contraptions, but sadly they aren’t selling them anymore. Instead, they taught me how to create my own DIY version and I’m sharing it with you today. Hooray! They are such a fun and easy take on party decor.
How to curl a balloon
- a pack of long balloons (here’s an 100 assorted pack)
- balloon pump (handheld or electric)
- a round pole (we used our clothes rolling rack but you could use a broom)
- Secure the end of the balloon to the pole with your clamp
- Wrap the balloon around the pole
- Blow up the balloon until it’s full
- Undo the clamp and let out a bit of air from the opening of the balloon before securing.
- Unwrap from the pole and voila!
What will you be making your curly balloons for? If you make any balloon projects inspired by Lars, tag them with #larsballoons!
Stay tuned for an instructional video. We’ll be sharing it soon!