Thank goodness for Valentines Day right? A holiday all about showing love, giving flowers, wearing red and pink, and eating treats? We need more holidays like that. It’s a whole day devoted to love notes! The act of giving valentines is one that I believe should never stop, no matter what age you are. So it’s time to start planning what you’re going to pass out to your friends, family members, co-workers, or whoever you think deserves a little love! We’ve taken a classic candy and turned it into a fruity treat that makes the perfect token of appreciation. These Tootsie Pop Cherry Valentines are super easy to put together and equally delicious. Don’t forget to include a little note: “I love you cherry much!”
Get the full tutorial for these Tootsie Pop Cherry Valentines in the jump below.
Tootsie Pop Cherry Valentines
- Tootsie pops (we only used the red and pink colors! You can buy just the red ones here!)
- Green crepe paper
- Green cardstock
- White acrylic paint
- Paint Brush
- Hot glue gun
- Leaf Template HERE
- Cut 1/4-inch thick strips of crepe paper, perpendicular to the grain, and stretch them out to smooth out the ridges and lengthen the strip.
- Hot glue the end of the strip to the base of the lollipop and wrap around the stick to cover it completely. Secure it with glue at the end and rip off the rest. Repeat for a second cherry or leave it as a single cherry stem.
- Wrap two cherries together at the top with the crepe paper strip and secure with glue.
- Using the leaf template provided, cut two halves of the leaf from green crepe paper and glue them together by overlapping the center seam just slightly.
- Use the full leaf template to cut out the same leaf shape from cardstock.
- Outline both leaves in white paint and paint veins on the crepe paper leaf. For the plain leaf, use a white paint pen to write the name of the recipient and a little love note!
Photography by Jane Merritt | Crafting by Rebecca Hansen