When I latch onto an idea, I kind of exploit it to its fullest. Exhibit H: Valentine’s Day heart straws and stirrers. Last week, I took the idea of the heart links that’s been floating around the web, and then I made it huge and added bows in it. This time I miniaturized it and thought they’d be adorable on straws or a stirrer. This would be so fun for a Valentine’s Day party or just a couple of drinks at home. However you want to celebrate it, these heart straws and stirrers will make the day festive! Add on a cupid’s arrow and I die of cuteness. PLUS, it’s SUPER easy and shouldn’t take you much time at all. BINGO.
beautiful photography by Trisha Zemp
DIY heart straws and stirrers
- pink or red paper
- black paper
- hole puncher for the straws
- mini hole puncher for the skewers
- straws (you can put the paper hearts on reusable straws as well!)
- Cut out strips for the hearts out of your red or pink paper. I made mine about 5″ long and 1/2″ wide.
- Fold the strip in half to form a V.
- Glue the end of one strip.
- Wrap it around to form a heart and secure together.
- Hole punch one end of the heart closer to the bottom.
- Hole punch the other side closer to the top. The top one you will want to give it a slightly larger hole so punch it about 1 1/2 times. This will make it so the heart is not distorted.
- If you’re just making the straws you’re done! But if you’re making stirrers cut out a tip for the arrow out of black and little strips for the ends of the arrow.
- Glue the black parts onto the skewers.
- Trim off the ends of the arrows so they are even.
Donzo! SO easy, right!
Stay tuned for a whole week of quick and easy Valentine’s Day projects starting on Monday! If you’re eager to get to the Valentine’s Day projects and inspiration now, take a look at our Valentine’s Day Pinterest board!