As part of our much anticipated Galentine’s party next week, I’m showing you another favorite party element: the invitations. Every party needs a good invitation, and these fit our “Hearts, hands, eyes, and lips” theme perfectly. I thought of them after the seeing the incredible work of Kate Zaremba and the 500 hands (with 2500 hand cut nails) she created for her video, Serious Whimsy. You have got to go check it out. It’s seriously fun.
No worries, these “Hand Holding Hearts” invitations are simple to make. Two hands (template provided) attached with a heart message inside. But, the best part about these invitations is the POP-UP heart! What’s more fun than a 3D heart for a whimsical Galentine’s party. On the hearts, we used quotes about hearts and eyes to stay on theme, but you can write anything on them to personalize your invite. OR, you can use them as Valentines for school or friends.
Get the templates below!
- paper (we used scrapbook paper)
- hand template
- heart template
- lip template
- bone folder or scoring device
- red acrylic paint
- Cut out your templates. We used a craft cutter (this one) to cut ours out but you can also do it with scissors.
- Score the lines in the heart as indicated and fold.
- Glue the bottom portion of the heart onto the inside of the hands.
- Paint nails onto the top of the hands.