You know we love some rainbows round these parts (#CraftTheRainbow anyone?!) We are also big fans of natural lighting and lovely windows. These DIY rainbow streamer curtains are combining two loves and deepening our adoration! Remember your grandma’s drab, heavy, and expensive window treatments? No thank you. We’ve solved all your curtain problems by crafting these colorful, and fun Rainbow Streamer Curtains! These curtains will brighten things up on a rainy day and bring a pop of color to whatever space you may use them in! Have left over streamers from the last party you threw? Then you’ve got all you need. They’re also the perfect decor far St. Patrick’s Day this weekend! We’ve provided some simple instructions below to get you rainbow connected and refresh your space!
DIY Rainbow Streamer Curtains
- Crepe Paper Streamers in an assortment of rainbow colors. (We went a little crazy and used 19! There are lots of fun color options: aqua, seafoam, sapphire, lime, buttercup, orange, hot pink, red, and purple )
- Tape (We recommend Washi Tape, as it is easily removable)
- Lay out your streamers in a rainbow pattern of your choice. Think ROYGBV. You can keep your rainbow simple using as few as five to six colors, or follow our more is more motto and use 19!
- Begin by taping the first color to the edge of your window treatment and letting it drape down to your desired length. We liked the look of the streamers flowing onto the floor.
- Continue taping the streamers onto the window right next to one another to create the appearance of a curtain panel.
- Repeat the color pattern until you have covered the entire window. We had two windows and created mirror image rainbows.
Now rejoice in the fact that you’ll now be able to see a rainbow every day, rain or shine!