Whether you’re hosting a Valentine’s Day party or prefer to keep it low key for the holiday, be sure to make it festive! These Valentine’s Day party heart straws and stirrers are an easy way to add extra charm to your day.
Read below for the tutorial!
DIY heart straws and stirrers
- pink or red paper
- black paper
- hole puncher for the straws
- mini hole puncher for the skewers
- straws (you can put the paper hearts on reusable straws as well!)
- Cut out strips for the hearts out of your red or pink paper. I made mine about 5″ long and 1/2″ wide.
- Fold the strip in half to form a V.
- Glue the end of one strip.
- Wrap it around to form a heart and secure together.
- Hole punch one end of the heart closer to the bottom.
- Hole punch the other side closer to the top. The top one you will want to give it a slightly larger hole so punch it about 1 1/2 times. This will make it so the heart is not distorted.
- If you’re just making the straws you’re done! But if you’re making stirrers cut out a tip for the arrow out of black and little strips for the ends of the arrow.
- Glue the black parts onto the skewers.
- Trim off the ends of the arrows so they are even.
Donzo! SO easy, right!
Stay tuned for a whole week of quick and easy Valentine’s Day projects starting on Monday! If you’re eager to get to the Valentine’s Day projects and inspiration now, take a look at our Valentine’s Day Pinterest board!