Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Tic Tac® brand. I received compensation to write this post through the Tic Tac Pack Program; however, all opinions expressed are my own.
As you know, it’s my personal belief that all holidays deserve a party, and Easter is no exception. That’s why I came up with this DIY bunny party hat to celebrate in true bunny style. They’re perfect for an Easter hunt or sporting at the dinner table. No big pink bunny costumes (a la a certain Christmas movie) needed! See below for the full tutorial.
I used the new Bunny Burst Tic Tac® mints to inspire my color palette for the bunny hats. They are a blend of artificially flavored green apple and grape mints and, of course, I ate a few along the way, to really get into the spirit. These little mints were the perfect confetti accessory for the table scene. Wouldn’t they be cute left out as a surprise for your guests mixed with the party hats?!
DIY Easter bunny party hats
- Make the party hats with this template. Any classic party hat template will do.
- Cut out eyes and noses for the bunny with simple circles and triangles and long thin pieces for the whiskers.
- Attach the eyes and nose with glue dots.
- Draw in a simple mouth with your permanent marker.
- Cut slits in the side of the hat with your craft knife.
- Cut out ears and fold at the bottom about ¼” up.
- Insert the ears and secure with tape inside.
- Attach twine to the sides of the inside of the hat to tie around the head. Secure with tape.
Enjoy the Easter party with your new bunny hats!
Photography by Trisha Zemp
This post was sponsored by the Tic Tac® brand. All content and opinions are my own! Thank you for supporting the sponsors that keep The House That Lars Built running!
For more Easter craft ideas and inspiration, take a look at the Lars Easter Pinterest board.