DIY post-it heart piñata
- Post-its (or paper of your choice in post-it size. I used one to measure)
- Glue gun
- Draw a heart onto your cardboard (mine was 20″ down the middle and 30″ across the widest point)
- Cut out two hearts for the front and back of your piñata
- Cut strips of cardboard 5″ wide to go around the perimeter of the heart
- Curl the strips with a pencil so they are more pliable
- Glue the strips to the heart
- Fill your heart with fun favors or candies
- Glue the other side of the heart to the strips
- Apply the post-its or paper with the glue gun starting at the bottom and working your way up to get the layered effect. (I started with light colors on the bottom and worked up to darker colors).
- Punch two holes on either side of the arch of the heart
- Bring a string through and tie on top
Done! Now you’ve got a post-it heart piñata for your celebration!
A HUGE thank you to Amanda Thomsen for taking time out of her day to come take the final shots with our super models, JJ and Cecilie.
I have another project coming with post-its. Are you stoked?!
More DIY piñata ideas
Who doesn’t love piñatas? We always have fun making our own, plus you can create it in whatever shapes or colors you’d like! If you’re really into piñatas, check out the wedding cake. Another DIY piñata tutorial is this sunshine piñata that’s sure to put a smile on your face! For Christmas, check out this peppermint pig tradition that we turned into a piñata! For more DIY piñata ideas (for any occasion!), take a look through the archives here.
Let us know how your piñata creations turn out with the hashtag #larsmakes on Instagram