I’m so excited for this Valentine’s Day because that means I get to decorate more packaging for presents! Gifts for your loved ones have never been cuter (or easier!) with these two simple Valentine’s Day gift wrapping ideas. You probably have all of the materials already!
Read below for the tutorials on both the heart cut out gift wrap and the eraser heart stamp gift wrap!
Heart cut out gift wrap:
- x-acto knife
- cardstock (or business card)
- pencil or pen
- wrapping paper
- cutting board
- secondary color paper (I chose glitter scrapbook paper)
- Make a template of a heart on a business card and cut it out.
- With a pencil, use your template to trace around it all over on your wrapping paper. Use a ruler if you want them evenly spaced. (I used a Sharpie in this tutorial so you can see the trace better).
- With your x-acto knife, cut around one side of the heart from the top to the tip of the bottom.
- Fold the heart over.
- Because the glitter paper was so thick I cheated and cut out a strip of paper to line along the backside of the kraft paper gift wrap. If I were to make it super nice I’d probably line the back of the kraft paper. But, then again, I probably wouldn’t.
- Tape it down.
- Repeat on all the hearts.
Eraser heart stamp gift wrap
OK, the second one is similar to last week’s polka dot wrapping. But this time you do a little sculpting.
- wrapping paper (I used red art paper instead)
- stamp pad (white can be hard to find, here’s my recommendation from Amazon)
- Draw a heart with your pen on the eraser of your pencil.
- Make simple incisions with your x-acto to chisel the heart. The fewer strokes the better. Cut it down about halfway down the eraser.
- Stamp away! To get dimension stamp 2 or 3 hearts at a time so the seconds appear fainter.
Done! Tell me those aren’t the easiest things you’ve seen?! And you have all the materials already, right? Valentine’s Day gift wrapping is as easy as that!