Heart cut out gift wrap:
- x-acto knife
- cardstock (or business card)
- pencil or pen
- wrapping paper
- cutting board
- secondary color paper (I chose glitter scrapbook paper)
- Make a template of a heart on a business card and cut it out.
- With a pencil, use your template to trace around it all over on your wrapping paper. Use a ruler if you want them evenly spaced. (I used a Sharpie in this tutorial so you can see the trace better).
- With your x-acto knife, cut around one side of the heart from the top to the tip of the bottom.
- Fold the heart over.
- Because the glitter paper was so thick I cheated and cut out a strip of paper to line along the backside of the kraft paper gift wrap. If I were to make it super nice I’d probably line the back of the kraft paper. But, then again, I probably wouldn’t.
- Tape it down.
- Repeat on all the hearts.
Eraser heart stamp gift wrap
OK, the second one is similar to last week’s polka dot wrapping. But this time you do a little sculpting.
- wrapping paper (I used red art paper instead)
- stamp pad (white can be hard to find, here’s my recommendation from Amazon)
- Draw a heart with your pen on the eraser of your pencil.
- Make simple incisions with your x-acto to chisel the heart. The fewer strokes the better. Cut it down about halfway down the eraser.
- Stamp away! To get dimension stamp 2 or 3 hearts at a time so the seconds appear fainter.
Done! Tell me those aren’t the easiest things you’ve seen?! And you have all the materials already, right? Valentine’s Day gift wrapping is as easy as that!
Don’t know what to get your loved one for Valentine’s Day? I put together a Valentine’s gift guide here. You can also check out the Lars shop to search for gifts that fit any occasion!
Right here is the perfect web site for anybody who wants to find out about this topic.
You understand a whole lot its almost tough to argue with you (not that
I really will need to…HaHa). You definitely put a brand new spin on a subject that has been written about for
a long time. Great stuff, just excellent!