Prep time: 1hr
5 eggs (separate the yolks from the whites)
1 stick and 3 tbsp of butter
4 c of sugar
1/2 (14 oz) can of coconut milk
7 oz (half of the previous can) of milk
4 ½ c of flour
1 tbsp baking powder
2 1/2 cups of flaked coconut
1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350º F
- Grease and flour a 9”x13” pan.
- Beat the egg whites to soft peaks and set aside.
- Beat the sugar, butter and egg yolks until creamy.
- Add the coconut milk, regular milk and flour to the creamy mixture until smooth.
- Gently mix in the baking powder.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the mixture.
- Pour it into the greased pan (there might be some extra batter, which you can use with a smaller 8×8 pan) and bake it for approximately 40 minutes.
- Do the toothpick check between 30 and 40 minutes.
- If it comes out clean, it is ready.
Directions for the topping:
- In saucepan, simmer the sweetened and condensed milk until slightly thickened.
- Poke holes with a fork throughout the cake and pour the sweetened and condensed milk over it.
- Sprinkle flaked coconut to your liking.
Hint: Once the cake has cooled, cut it into pieces and wrap them in tin foil individually. Put them in the fridge and enjoy a nice a cold coconut cake.
Pages: 1 2