The recipe is basically the same as last week, just swap out the tea and fruit.
Cantaloupe Hibiscus Sorbet
3/4 cup hibiscus tea (loose leaf at a local coffee shop works!)
2 tbs grapefruit juice
2 cups of cantaloupe
1/4 cup honey
- In a saucepan, stir the tea and honey together over low heat until thoroughly combined. Bring the mixture to a boil, remove from heat, and let cool.
- Place the 2 cups of fruit and the 2 tablespoons of juice into a food processor and puree. Once smooth, blend in the simple syrup made from honey and water. Mix thoroughly.
- Scrape the sorbet onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Spread the mixture out over the pan, forming a thin layer. Freeze until solid then remove from the pan in chunks and puree again in the food processor.
- To apply the sprinkles onto the cone you simply apply a small amount of honey onto the rim of the cone and dip into sprinkles. Easy squeezy.
2 1/2 cups of sorbet
To make the waffle sandwich:
- Use the waffle cookies from Trader Joe’s and dip in sprinkles.
- We used Sprinkelz sprinkles because they come in lovely shades.
Pages: 1 2