Dessert Sushi is the best kind of sushi, in case you didn’t know. And probably the easiest as well.
I did three different combos:
1. Vanilla ice cream with chocolate chip cookie dough and seaweed aka fruit by the foot wrapping
2. Strawberry ice cream with sugar cookie dough rolled in colorful sprinkles
3. Chocolate ice cream with peanut butter dough rolled in toasted and chopped peanuts
1. Flatten out your cookie dough to about 8″ by 11″
2. Spoon a thin layer of ice cream over cookie dough
3. Roll the cookie dough carefully into a sushi like roll. Move quickly because in case you didn’t know, ice cream melts fast!
4. Freeze dessert sushi roll until ice cream is hardened (at least an hour)
5. Roll dessert sushi roll in desired toppings (i.e. sprinkles, nuts, fruit by the foot, other delicious things)
6. Cut the roll into 1″ slices
7. Enjoy your sushi!
Disclaimer: They melt quickly, so leave them in the freezer until you’re ready to serve.
For “soy sauce” we used chocolate sauce
For “wasabi” we used pistachio cream
For “ginger” we used starburst (softened and sculpted!)
For “rice” we used coconut flakes
To make the colored chopsticks:
I used spray paint at the tops of the chopsticks, making sure it didn’t touch anything you might eat.