Am I the only one that struggles with deciding what to get the men in their life for Father’s Day? When you’re young, a nice hand-drawn picture would do the trick, but once you hit your twenties, that’s not really acceptable anymore. So what do you get a guy for Father’s Day? The problem is, I’ll less familiar with the things that most people associate with “manly” things. I do know, however, that almost all men, with very rare if any, exceptions, LOVE food. In particular, donuts. Donuts decorated like sports? You’ve hit the jackpot. So don’t worry about making a trip to the hardware store and educating yourself on the newest power tools. Just buy some donuts and dress them up a bit! Nestled in a faux-grass lined bakery box and topped with printable sports pennants just for dad, these sport donuts will leave everyone swooning, and your dad drooling!
Full DIY after the jump!
- Printable Father’s Day pennants (download here)
- Bag of glazed mini donuts
- Frosting in white, brown, orange, and red for detail
- Brown bakery box
- Turf or fake grass
- Hot glue gun
- Place a bit of each color frosting into a small bowl and heat up until you achieve a thinned out consistency
- Dip the tops of each donut into the frosting. Use white for soccer balls and baseballs, brown for footballs and orange for basketballs. Let set.
- Place brown, white, and red icing into their own ziplock bag and snip the corner to create a make-shift piping bag. Add line details to the donuts to create the different sports balls.
- Cut a piece of faux grass to fit into your bakery box.
- Print out and cut out the Father’s Day pennants and glue onto toothpicks.
- Place donuts into the box and stick pennants into the donuts.
Happy Father’s Day!
Photography by Anna Killian | Crafting by Rebecca Young | Graphics by Ashley Isenhour