I’ve been reminiscing on my last trip to Denmark and going through all of the goodies I collected while abroad. Are there a lot? Yes. Too many? Maybe. I can’t help myself! The city is a natural shopping dream. On my last day I spotted an adorable circle wheel pillow case that had to come with me. But I wanted more of them and in all different colors, SO we came up with a DIY version that you can do yourself and I love how it turned out!
The pillow is made up of a series of very simple shapes that, once pieced out, piece back together easily! 10 triangles, 2 circles, a little bit of time at the sewing machine, and voilà, you’ve got yourself the sweetest little pillow that’s bound to brighten up your couch and your day!
- 1/2 yard fabric
- 1 1/2 yard fabric
- 1 bag of stuffing
- Matching thread
- Pattern (available here)
- Cut out 10 triangles (5 of one color 5 of the other)
- Cut the two back pieces
- Cut 1 inside lining
- Sew two of the different colored triangles together at 5/8”.
- Attach another triangle (alternate color) to the first two triangles sew.
- Repeat until you have 5 pieces sewn together.
- Repeat steps 1-3 until you have the remaining 5 pieces sewn together.
- Take the two pieces you have just sewn, pin them together at the straight edge and sew them at 5/8”.
- Press open newly sewn seam.
- Take facing circle and pin to the back side of the sewn together Triangles to cover seams.
- Take the remaining circle, pin the right sides together and sew around the edge at 5/8” leaving a 2” open on edge to insert filling.
- Press open the edge seam using an iron.
- Using your hand reach inside of the 2” hole and pull the fabric through so that the right sides are facing out.
- Once the right sides are facing out use stuffing to fill your pillow.