DIY Stuffed Easter Bunny
You can find the Stuffed Easter Bunny template here.
- Using a tailor’s pencil (you can use a regular pencil too, when finished you wont see the lines) to trace the outline of the bunny.
- Once you have the outline of the bunny traced add a 3/8″ border around the traced line.
- Cut out 2 of your template on the 3/8″ border line. We layered our fabric and cut two at once.
- Pin the newly cut side together with the right sides facing each other. This will be most important if you are using a fabric with a print.
- Once the pieces are cut out and pinned together, begin sewing around the remaining traced line (the line that you traced the template with).
- Start sewing from the bottom (backstitching at the beginning of your sewing and at the end) and once you return to the bottom leave 2″-3″ of the seam open so you can flip the pattern inside out.
- Clip and notch and curves appropriately.
- Once clipped open your seam and press the tabs open on both sides.
- Once pressed, flip your pattern inside out through the opening you left at the bottom. You may need to pay extra attention to the the ears since they are small and may require a little extra time to get the all the way reversed.
- Once your bunny is right fabric out, gently press open the edges.
- Begin stuffing your bunny, you can use a pencil to get to any hard to reach areas! Just be sure not to push too hard.
- Once your bunny is stuffed to your liking, use your need and thread and close the opening using an invisible stitch!
- Using a pom-pom maker, make a pom-pom and once you have it at the right size and shape use a needle and thread to attach it!
We love seeing what Easter looks like for you and all the great things have made! Be sure to tag us with #larsmakes so we can see how this little guy is living in your home!
Such a cute idea! Thank you 🙂