If you loved our Valentine Tassel Heart Favor Box, you’ll also love this DIY Valentine Gift Box that is just as endearing. A custom Valentine’s day gift box is a sure way to elevate a simple Valentine’s day gram.
And these ones are punny of course! Include one of these printable cards to tell your valentine, gal pals, or any loved one that you care. Leave one on your neighbor’s doorstep, mail some to your friends, or make a few with your children to share with their friends. They definitely work for anyone, but I am especially excited to use mine for Galentine’s Day.
Gather all the pink and red craft supplies you can, and make them together at your Galentine’s Day party! Because isn’t that how that saying goes? “Friends who craft together stay together”… right?
The printable card phrases include:
“Love your Face” and “You bring a smile to my face!”
How To Make Your DIY Valentine Gift Box
- Cardstock in shades of red and pink
- Craft cutting machine with a fine blade and scoring wheel
- OR craft knife (and cutting mat)
- Paint brush (the foam ones are perfect!)
- Misc. pink and red craft supplies – pom-poms, jewels, glitter glue
- Download the template (either for cutting machine or to cut by hand)
- If by hand, use a self-healing mat and your craft blade and scissors to cut the pieces out by hand
- If using a craft cutting machine, upload the SVG files. You’ll need a fine blade and scoring wheel to make the incisions and score lines.
- There are three pieces to the box–the top face, the top box, the bottom box. To make the top of the box, fold down your scored lines carefully.
- Apply glue to the tabs with a paintbrush (will make it smoother when it dries). Our glue dried rather fast so we did a few tabs at a time and then pressed them down individually.
- Repeat to the bottom of the box.
- Once your round box shape is complete, add some bling! We used pom-poms, jewels, and glitter glue to customize ours.
- Print off the Valentine cards to insert into your gift box along with some treats!
That’s it! Send a box or deliver them yourself, and make it a tradition so your friends can look forward to them each year when Galentine’s Day rolls around. Don’t forget to take a picture and use the hashtag #LarsLovesLove to show us what you made!
More Projects to Create Together for Galentine’s Day