DIY wood bead garland
- Wood Beads or Wood Balls (3/4in. and 1 in. in size)
- Drill Bit 3/16in.
- Embroidery Floss
- Acrylic Craft Paint
- Paint Brushes
- If comfortable with a drill, use a piece of scrap wood as a base and drill holes through wood balls to make beads.
- Select your paint colors and have fun coming up with different patterns to paint the beads, we painted a lot of stripes, solids, and dots. Mix it up, leave some beads with exposed wood and just dots/stripes, while painting others solid with added patterns. You can even paint your beads to match your other tree/ holiday decor.
- To make easy near perfect dots, use the end of your paintbrush for a tiny dot, and use the eraser of a pencil for large dots.
- Measure two lengths of embroidery floss to twice as long as your preferred length of garland. Thread these two strings onto the needle at the midway point.
- Fold the string in half, and bring the 4 ends together in a double knot. This will provide enough thickness for weight to hold the beads and have a fun color pop.
- Thread your first bead, then tie another double knot tight to the end of the bead.
- Tie the next double knot at 1/4in distance and thread the next bead. Repeat the steps of knotting every 1/4in between beads. Alternate the size beads (3/4 in, 3/4in, 1 in, 3/4in, 3/4in, 1in) until the length of garland is complete.
- Done! Deck the halls and boughs for some festive and bright cheer!
Don’t forget to check out our Instagram for more crafting inspiration and tag your holiday decorating and DIY’s #holidayswithlars