I spent the weekend clearing out our house in anticipation of the Lars Studio Sale this coming Saturday. We’ve only been living in the US for 3 years now yet somehow I’ve accumulated SO. MUCH. STUFF. I thought the sale could use some good old-fashioned car dealership decor. Around here, car dealerships put up a lot of crazy ornamentation. They’re so flashy and odd and secretly, I love it all. BUT, I don’t want to spend any money on it. You know, what’s the point of a garage sale if you’re spending money on it? I started thinking of the cheapest way to do it and ended up with another old-fashioned treasure: newspaper. It’s cheap (ie: free if you go to the right place) and created a rather rad look!
See the full tutorial after the jump!
- house paint samples (about $3 each at a hardware store)
- paint brush
- sewing machine
- Separate out the newspaper and cut them into individual sheets.
- Paint 2/3 of the newspaper.
- Fringe the newspaper about 1/2″ thick up past the 2/3 painted line.
- Sew the newspaper at the top of the unpainted section.
Such an EASY and CHEAP way to announce your sale! What other methods do you use to announce your garage sales? AKA: what more do I need to do to announce ours 😉