DIY Glitter Trees
I’ve been super into glitter since the days of the lantern and thought it would be a nice addition to these trees that my mom used to make out of magazines. They are a cinch to make, and I thought they turned out quite well!
- Old magazines
- Gold spray paint
- Spray glue or glitter glue (couldn’t find glitter glue in Europe. Help!)
- Make your first fold by taking the top and folding it down so it creates a nice line with the center of the magazine.
- Make your second fold by taking the edge of that first fold and folding it into the center line.
- Take the point of the new bottom fold and fold it up so it’s flush with the bottom edge of the magazine. The tree will stand on this so it must be able to sit on a table.
- Repeat, repeat, repeat until the last page.
5. Spray some gold paint on.
6. Embellish with glitter by spraying on adhesive spray. Start at the top and trickle it as it comes down the tree for an ombre effect.
Done! Now you can make a forest of glitter trees!
I think I’m going to do dozens more to act as our real Christmas tree since we don’t have a lot of space in our little apartment. Enjoy!