I had the honor of contributing this DIY Christmas bulb advent calendar to the holiday issue of Sister Mag magazine, a German publication from some of my favorite ladies. I’ve contributed before (here (my hair!!!!) and here) and this time I was in the company of a few other artists from around the world with an advent calendar idea.
This one is super easy to make, especially if you have a craft cutting machine, and I love hanging it in our office right now.
- Cut out the two templates (the black topper and the colored bottom)
- Score the lines indicated with the dotted lines with the craft knife.
- Bring the sides together and glue the tab to the inside.
- Cut a piece of twine 6″ long and string through the holes at the top and bring all the sides together and tie.
- Bend the top tabs outward.
- Glue the black paper together and glue to the top of the tabs.
- Cut the twine pieces off.
- Cut out the numbered flags and punch
- String the bulbs together, inserting a numbered flag before the bulb.