“You’ve been egged” tutorial
- robin’s egg blue (I used two shades of Martha Stewart’s paint collection like the tutorial. Here are the Amazon links: pond and surf, chestnut brown)
- GIANT plastic Easter Egg (got mine at Michael’s)
- plastic primer spray
- stone finish spray
- goodies to put inside
- paper to make a sign
- green paper grass
- Spray the plastic egg with the plastic primer spray (not shown, forgot to take a picture, agh!) and wait for it to dry. Repeat if you’d like. I wasn’t super concerned about layering.
- Spray the stone spray on and let it dry. Repeat to fill in. Give it a full day to dry.
- Begin painting the egg the robin’s egg color. I kind of mixed the two blues and then for variation added patches of colors here in there.
- Dip the toothbrush in brown paint and flick it onto the egg with your finger like a slingshot. I would suggest doing it close to the egg so it doesn’t appear like a Pollack painting where it’s running down the egg.
Much cleaner than a normal egging, right? Find more fun Easter tutorials here.
photography and crafting by moi
model: Michelle Brummer Everett (thank you SO much!)