What better way to celebrate Valentine’s Day than with these 3D leather heart pins? If you’re not looking to get all decked out in pink and red this holiday, these heart pins are the perfect way to show your Valentine’s Day spirit. They’re not over the top, but they’re still adorable!
Pin them to your shirt, your purse, or anything you can think of! These little hearts would also be great Valentine’s gifts to share with friends, family, or coworkers! Scroll below to learn how to make your own Valentine’s heart pins.
DIY leather heart pins
- pieces of leather (the craft store sells it or you can get a bunch from Amazon)
- pin backings (from craft store. I got mine from Joann and they are really flimsy, so I wouldn’t recommend them but these are more like it)
- leather glue or E6000
- Create a heart shape with a pen on the back of the leather.
- Cut it out. Joey Gladstone style.
- Cut a very small line down the center of the heart, about 1/4″.
- Glue on both sides of this little line. You’ll see here I used a glue gun but only because I left my leather glue at home for the day 🙁
- Fold the heart together and hold until dry.
- Unfold the heart open and voila! A 3D heart!
- Add glue to the pin and secure it onto the back of the leather heart. No trick there.
How adorable are these little guys?!