We took a few extra steps of DIY to make this wreath as cost effective as possible by making the heart shaped foam wreath ourself. With a handful of floral foam, glue sticks, string, live baby’s-breath (we use live and then let it dry itself out naturally), spray paint, and cardboard we set out to make our wreath!
Valentines Baby’s Breath Wreath
- Draw a heart on a piece of cardboard with a slightly smaller heart (about 2 inches apart) inside of it.
- Take a good pair of scissors and cut out the outside as well as the inside of the heart.
- Take your floral foam pieces and place them around your guide making sure all of the cardboard is covered. Note that some will need to be cut in order to fit all the way around it.
- Taking a glue stick spread a generous amount onto and secure each piece in place, this will need time to dry. You can use a glue gun, however, it does not stick as well but it will speed up the process.
- With a sharp knife, trim the floral foam according to your guide.
- Once you have the shape you want, take some twine and secure each piece in place.
- Take your baby’s breath and lightly spray it with spray paint until the color is as deep as you want it.
- Once the baby’s breath is dry cut the pieces off and start placing them packed tightly together onto the wreath.
We are loving this wreath on our door this Valentine season and can’t wait to see it on all of your doors! Tag us with #larsloveslove so we can see these wreaths in all their glory!