Tell me! How was your Thanksgiving weekend? I was home for the weekend getting to know my little new niece, Wynne. Oh man, that sweet little thing is nourishment for the soul.
The holidays are fully on my mind and I’m dreaming of a colorful, whimsical Christmas. Here are some of my favorite choices to decorate the home for the holidays. Wouldn’t a pink tree be so rad?! I like to mix it up with a healthy dose of color intermixed with some more neutral elements like white lights. It keeps it from looking too gaudy. Colorful bulbs on a colorful tree would be especially rad.
How are you decorating for the holidays???
The Lars Christmas decor gift guide
- Zig zag stocking (love the texture!). Find a similar textured stocking here. You can even learn how to crochet your own here!
- Wishing star pom garland (wouldn’t this be beautiful on a tree or on a mantle?!). The original picture is from Anthropologie, but you can find a similar garland here.
- Blue and silver ribbed onion ornament. Green and red ones would also be pretty!
- Mercury glass globe wreath or this one.
- Clear bistro lights.
- Fresh cedar star wreath and this one with little embellishments
- Geometric wooden ornaments. We also have some geometric Christmas decor DIYs on the blog!
- Glass globe ornament in such gorgeous colors or here in different colors of the rainbow!
- Warm white faceted lights
- Colorful sisal trees (so sweet on a mantle or centerpiece)
- Wishbone ornament or this gold one
- Miniature rainbow bulb set (perfect for #crafttherainbow, eh?!), and pin it to your Christmas Pinterest board here
- String of lights (ON SALE!)
- Adorable mushroom sculptures or try a plush version
- Jade glass globe or these illuminated ones
- Sisal swan ornament or this glitzy one
- Felt mistletoe
- Gold glass spire tree topper. Find a similar one here.
- Pink Christmas tree (WANT!)
- Copper tree skirt (So classy. I love this option over a fabric tree skirt). You can find a similar one here, or try our applique tree skirt DIY!
Make sure to check out other Christmas decor DIYs in the Lars archives!