Giant lucky charms. The best thing to happen to life since…lucky charms. Amiright? My philosophy about most things is that they are scientifically 10x better when they are enlarged or shrunken. Lucky Charms fits in that category. Try out these homemade shortbread cookies and marshmallows with the recipe and tutorial below.
You will need:
- marshmallows (I used Jet Puffed s’mores marshmallows because they are square shaped),
- food coloring (here are some options: neon and traditional or a fancy kit with tons of colors)
- cooling rack
- Dyeing the marshmallows works just like dyeing Easter eggs. Fill bowls with water and desired food colorings.
- Dip marshmallows into bowls for about 5 seconds.
- Allow them to dry out on a cooling rack.
- Now if you’d like, cut them into shapes using cookies cutters. I used some shapes and some I left squares. Remember the lucky charm shapes are pink hearts, blue moons, red balloons, a pot of gold, purple horseshoes, rainbows, shooting stars, and the green hat with the four leaf clover on it.
2 c. flour
1/2 c. powdered sugar
1/2 t. salt
1 c. butter (cubed)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In stand mixer combine all ingredients until incorporated. Roll out dough and cut cookies into desired shapes. Bake for 12-14 minutes.