I’ve been a huge fan of Yao Cheng‘s gorgeous work for a couple of years now so I was super pumped to find out that she is teaching an online beginning Watercolor class on Creativebug that was just released (and an Intermediate class will be released in a couple of months!).
I love how watercolor is reemerging again and so many artists, like Yao, are showing how it can be done in a fresh way. Her work is modern with gorgeous color palettes and she has an amazing mastery of her brush.
The class is divided into two parts:
- Part 1: Watercolor supplies and basic techniques
- Part 2: Mark making and expressive brush strokes
I took a watercolor class when I was kid because I saw all the cool things my mom was creating, but I haven’t touched it much since. I can’t wait to relearn the proper way to use the brush to create those gorgeous effects.
And good news! Creativebug works on a subscription basis, but they just dropped their price from $9.95/month to $4.95/month making all of their creative classes super affordable, but today they are giving away a 3 month subscription to a reader.
- “Like” The House That Lars Built on Facebook.
- Leave a comment below telling me why you’d like to take the class
- Bonus votes if you share the giveaway (and let me know in the comment where you shared it).
Contest ends Wednesday, March 11th.