- green poster board
- dark green acrylic paint
- paint brushes
- template for leaf shape
- cardboard large enough to fit inside your pot
- filler for the pot like moss or grass
- scissors or craft knife
Step 1: Paint your bright green poster board to add texture and variation. I did this with a dark green acrylic paint that I painted in a hash pattern (criss-cross ).
Step 2: Paint both sides and let it dry.
Step 3: Trace the leaf shape with a pencil and cut them out. I made 6 leaves for my smaller pot and 8 leaves for the bigger one. Adjust according to the size of your pot.
Step 4: Cut out a piece of cardboard slightly larger than the shape of your pot. I did this by tracing the cardboard on top of the hole with a pencil and cutting slightly smaller.
Step 5: Cut holes into the cardboard where I want to position the leaves.
Step 6: Insert your leaves into the holes.
Step 7: Finish it with some moss or grass.
Terrain is giving away a $100 gift card (with free shipping!) to one lucky reader. To enter the contest:
- In the comments section below, answer the question, what is your favorite container from the Terrain website and what would you plant in it?
- There’s an additional way to enter the contest on Instagram.
- Bonus votes if you share this giveaway on social media (mention in the comments section how you shared it).
You have until Friday, July 31st at 12am MST to enter. Good luck!