We had such a ball making some 3D Easter egg place cards that we had to make more! We topped off our cupcakes with some adorable mini Easter egg toppers. They’d also be fun as a garland or sprinkled on an Easter table.
Make your own 3D Easter egg cupcake toppers
- scrapbook paper in pastel shades (we used mint, yellow, pink, and peach)
- Easter egg template (download here)
- sewing machine with threads in pastel colors
- glue gun
Instructions for 3D Easter egg cupcake toppers
- Cut out 2 to 4 egg shapes for each name tag. You’ll have to sew through each one so if you’re sewing machine can’t handle that many, take it down to 3.
- Sew a line right through the center of each egg.
- Distribute the paper around the center of the sewn line.
- Glue the egg to the inside of one of the sides of the egg and to the toothpick.
photos and crafting by Ashley Isenhour
Cupcake topper ideas for every holiday
Cake (and cupcake) toppers are such an easy way to add some flare to your holiday desserts. For Mother’s Day and for the rest of your Springtime celebrations, make these floral cake toppers. And if you’re celebrating a birthday, create these floral numbers to put on your cake or cupcakes. To celebrate love, check out the strawberry heart cake topper, Sprinkle Me cupcake topper, and conversation heart cupcake toppers. The fourth of July is coming up in a few months, and we’ve got you covered on the cake decoration: this paper firework cake topper or this origami stripes and stars cake topper.
For the Fall and Winter months, take a look at this Halloween cake topper and Christmas tree Sprinkle Me cupcake topper. Whatever you’re celebrating, we have a cake topper for it! View the whole list of cake and cupcake toppers here.