There’s nothing like some cupcakes with sprinkles to bring out the inner child and invite more holiday cheer into your life. Remember our Sprinkle Me Cupcake Toppers from Valentine’s Day? We made a Christmas version for you to try! Only this time, the packet of sprinkles is shaped like a Christmas tree. Our holiday cupcake toppers are for everyone, both young and old!
Holiday Cupcake Toppers
If you’re unfamiliar with this craft, all you have to do is bake some tasty cupcakes (that’s probably the hardest part! or pick some up from the store–I don’t bake!) and then put our Holiday Cupcake Toppers on top. When you’re ready to decorate, simply rip or cut open the tree-shaped packet and sprinkle to your heart’s content!
I think one of the best parts of the holidays is the baking projects (and of course, getting to eat the treats afterward). If you need an interactive cupcake that allows everyone to decorate their own treat, look no further. This one isn’t as messy as the typical sprinkles + paper plates scenario, which can be a real nightmare if you have a toddler. Not that I would know…
DIY Sprinkle Me Christmas Cupcakes
Note: We used these all natural sprinkles, which use plant-based colors and vegan ingredients (and they have some really fun shapes!)
- Download the templates for the “Sprinkle Me” and Christmas Tree Shape here.
- Trace the Christmas tree shape onto vellum and cut two pieces out for each cupcake.
- Sew within the shape of the template leaving the bottom unsewn.
- Insert the sprinkles and then carefully sew the bottom back up.
- Glue a toothpick to the back of the Christmas tree.
- Glue a “sprinkle me” pennant under the tree.
These would make wonderful neighbor gifts because they’re festive and interactive. Can’t you see it?!
If you liked this project, you might also like: