I was put in charge of writing thank you notes to a bunch of people that contributed to a church activity earlier this month. I decided to forgo the traditional card and envelope in lieu of something more seasonal: these pumpkin leaf favors! Of course, a handwritten thank you is always lovely (I certainly have a thing for stationery), but when you couple it with a festive pumpkin, it takes a “thank you” to the next level! I love using seasonal items for projects–pumpkins are plentiful right now and have a warm, natural feel that’s perfect for fall. We couldn’t give them away without including a pun, so on each leaf, we wrote: “Thanks for carving out time!” Pretty clever, right?
Pumpkin Leaf Favors
- Green cardstock
- Coated floral wire and/or twisted brown butcher paper
- Glue Gun
- Gold pen
- Pumpkins in desired sizes
- Templates (there’s a PDF and SVG for craft cutters)
- Cut out leaves from cardstock using the template here. Write whatever sentiment you’d like onto leaf with the gold pen.
- Cut wire to lengths of about 1 foot
- Hot glue one end of wire to the back of the leaf.
- Attach other end of wire to pumpkin by wrapping it around the stem, beginning from the base and wrapping upwards, leaving a long tail.
- Twist the tail of the wire around a pencil to create a curly, vine-like shape
Now make a bunch, give them away, or hoard them for yourself because they’re just so darn cute!
Photography by Anna Killian
More Fall favor ideas
Now that you have everything you need to create these pumpkin leaf favors, why not take it to the next level? If you’re giving out these pumpkins as thank you notes, you could pair it with these candy gift boxes or a piece of pie to go above and beyond in showing your gratitude. If you want to make your pumpkin extra fancy, try painting your pumpkin or decorating it with succulents! Add your pumpkin leaf favor and you’ve got a great holiday gift!
Good idea.Very beautifull.